UBC DES PHASE 6-9 DISTRICT PIPING SYSTEM AND PHASE 6-7 ENERGY TRANSFER STATION
PROJECT NAME: UBC DES PHASE 6-9 DISTRICT PIPING SYSTEM AND PHASE 6-7 ENERGY TRANSFER STATION
OWNER: THE UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
MECHANICAL CONSULTANT: KERR WOOD LEIDAL ASSOCIATES LTD. & AME GROUP
MECHANICAL CONTRACTOR: DIVISION 15 MECHANICAL LTD.
PROJECT DELIVERY: PLAN/SPEC TENDER
- $13,103,000.00 Base Value of work, with over $2,320,000.00 of Changes and additions.
- 18 month Construction schedule, ending in December 2015.
- Installation of over 10 kilometers of underground Distribution Piping System (DPS), for the supply of heating water to existing buildings.
- Installation of thirty-one Energy Transfer Stations (ETS), in parallel to existing steam infrastructure, retrofitted within existing buildings, complete with heat exchangers, pumps and associated controls.
- Conversion from steam infrastructure to more efficient hot water system, allowing a significant reduction of heat distribution losses.
- Project completed within six months of initial targeted completion despite significant delays due to unknown underground conditions and various scheduling coordination for installation within buildings.