PROJECT NAME: BCIT AEROSPLACE TECHNOLOGY CAMPUS
OWNER: BRITISH COLUMBIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
ARCHITECT: KASIAN ARCHITECTURE
MECHANICAL CONSULTANT: MCW CONSULTANTS LTD.
GENERAL CONTRACTOR: LEDCOR CONSTRUCTION
PROJECT DELIVERY: DESIGN ASSIST
- Inslab heating and cooling utilizing geothermal energy together with heat recovery from surrounding shops and classroom spaces minimizes energy consumption while maintaining comfort levels in the large volume of the building.
- Working with the design team and the construction management team, Division 15 performed cost assessments of various mechanical design options and constructability reviews to meet the budget and schedule options as the project proceeded on a fast-track basis.
- 2007 year completed
- Value of mechanical work—$10 million
- 330,000 square feet of all new construction, including a 45,000 sq. ft. aircraft hanger.
- Geothermal/heat pump HVAC system
- Special hanger features include all inslab heating and state-of-the-art integrated compressed air foam (ICAF) fire protection system.