PROJECT NAME: CANUCK PLACE CHILDREN’S HOSPICE, ABBOTSFORD
OWNER: CANUCK PLACE
ARCHITECT: NSDA ARCHITECTS
MECHANICAL CONSULTANT: AME GROUP
GENERAL CONTRACTOR: LEDCOR COMMUNITY PROJECTS LTD.
PROJECT DELIVERY: DESIGN/BUILD
- Division 15, along with its sub-contractors and suppliers, made significant financial contributions to this project to assist in providing a facility that will help meet the growing need for pediatric palliative services for B.C. families.
- The Canuck Place Children’s Hospice provides specialized pediatric palliative care services for B.C. children and support for their families.
- The new 30,000 square foot hospice includes 10 beds with suites for five families.
- Completion scheduled for Fall 2013
- $1.2 million value of Design-Build mechanical work
- Energy-efficient design, including heat recovery ventilation and heat pumps
- Incorporates infection control measures required of hospice facilities
- Mechanical systems are being constructed using Building Information Modelling (BIM to Field)