Creekside Community Recreation Centre
PROJECT NAME: CREEKSIDE COMMUNITY RECREATION CENTRE
OWNER: CITY OF VANCOUVER
ARCHITECT: WALTER FRANCL ARCHITECT INC.
MECHANICAL CONSULTANT: COBALT ENGINEERING
GENERAL CONTRACTOR: METRO-CAN CONSTRUCTION
PROJECT DELIVERY: PLAN/SPEC TENDER
- Incorporates advanced and innovative mechanical systems, which made it part of one of the greenest, most energy efficient and sustainable neighbourhoods in North America.
- Being part of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics infrastructure, Division 15 had to ensure that all critical schedule deadlines were met.
- Obtained LEED Platinum Certification
- Recipient of the Silver Award at the 2010 VRCA Awards of Excellence
- 2009 year completed
- $4,100,000 value of mechanical work
- 45,000 square feet of new construction, including a two-level community centre space, child-care facility, boating centre, fitness center, and gymnasium.
- Advanced HVAC system using solar energy for both heating and cooling (using absorption chiller). The system is connected to the Neighborhood Energy Utility (NEU) and is able to transfer energy (deliver or receive) as required.
- Heating and cooling primarily achieved through an extensive radiant system (in slab) and supplemented by an advanced variable refrigeration system (VRF)
- Elaborate rain water collection and distribution system, for irrigation and toilet flushing.