Metropolis at Metrotown Expansion & Renovation
PROJECT NAME: METROPOLIS AT METROTOWN EXPANSION & RENOVATION
OWNER: IVANHOE CAMBRIDGE
ENGINEER: STANTEC CONSULTING LTD.
MECHANICAL CONSULTANT: COBALT ENGINEEING.
GENERAL CONTRACTOR: LEDCOR CONSTRUCTION LTD.
PROJECT DELIVERY: PLAN/SPEC TENDER
- The work completed by Division 15 Mechanical was in an operational mall, which involved significant scheduling and coordination requirements with all subtrades and suppliers. Division 15 achieved the just in time delivery requirements of their clients schedule and the project was successfully delivered with outstanding results. Upon completion of the new construction, Metropolis at Metrotown was the largest regional mall in the lower mainland at approximately 1.7 million square feet.
- The Metropolis at Metrotown project was constructed in 2005 over several phases and provided for 1.2 million square feet of new and upgraded space.
- Value of the mechanical work performed by Division 15 is approximately $6.025 million
- Major water features were added throughout the mall in order to create attractions and ambiance for visitors to the mall
- A new central link was constructed in order to combine both malls
- A new (1,000+ seat) food court was added in a central location in order to attract mall users and replace the existing food court facility
- A DDC control system was installed and upgraded for the entire mall and adjoining office towers