Mount Pleasant Community Centre
PROJECT NAME: MOUNT PLEASANT COMMUNITY CENTRE
OWNER: CITY OF VANCOUVER
ARCHITECT: BUSBY PERKINS & WILL
MECHANICAL CONSULTANT: STANTEC ENGINEERING
GENERAL CONTRACTOR: VANBOTS CONSTRUCTION INC.
PROJECT DELIVERY: PLAN/SPEC TENDER
This LEED Gold Project encompasses an advanced HVAC system utilizing geothermal energy for both heating and cooling.
- 2009 year completed
- $4.6 million value of mechanical work
- 211,328 square feet of new construction, comprising of a Library, a Community Centre with Gymnasium and other facilities, a 10 floor residential tower and 3 level underground parkade
- Leed Gold Certified project
- Advanced HVAC system utilizing geothermal energy for both heating and cooling. In addition, a boiler is used for supplementary heating and for domestic hot water.
- Various systems are utilized to deliver heating and cooling throughout the facilities, including radiant slab systems, fan coil units and AHUs