North Vancouver Library
PROJECT NAME: CITY OF NORTH VANCOUVER LIBRARY
OWNER: CITY OF NORTH VANCOUVER
ARCHITECT: CEI & DIAMOND & SCHMITT ARCHITECTS INC.
MECHANICAL CONSULTANT: OMICRON
GENERAL CONTRACTOR: PCL CONSTRUCTIORS WESTCOAST INC.
PROJECT DELIVERY: PLAN/SPEC TENDER
- This project consists of a three-level library space, two-level underground parkade, featuring many sustainable mechanical systems, including geothermal heating and cooling and inslab radiant system, which contributed in making this a landmark project for the City of North Vancouver.
- Obtained LEED Gold Certification
- Completed in 2008
- $2.4 million value of mechanical work
- 73,000 square feet of new construction forming part of the city hall complex.
- Advanced HVAC system using combination of geothermal energy for cooling & solar energy for heating
- Heating and cooling primarily achieved through an extensive inslab radiant system and supplemented by dedicated outdoor air supply system.