St. Helen’s Hotel
PROJECT NAME: ST HELEN’S HOTEL, VANCOUVER
OWNER: BC HOUSING
ARCHITECT: DYS ARCHITECTURE
MECHANICAL CONSULTANT: AME CONSULTING GROUP
GENERAL CONTRACTOR: VANMAR CONSTRUCTORS INC.
PROJECT DELIVERY: DESIGN/BUILD
- St. Helen’s Hotel was a phased renovation and conversion of a 5-storey wood, masonry and steel frame 1900’s era hotel into a single room accommodation (SRA) housing building for BC Housing. The project consisted of a complete upgrade of multiple building systems to suit renovated and re-demised spaces.
- Phased renovation/conversion project on a heritage building to SRA for BC Housing
- The renovation included a full upgrade to the: plumbing, HVAC, fire protection systems, a new water entry station, and a domestic hot water generation and heat recovery ventilation system
- The project was completed in 2010
- The value of mechanical work performed was $670,500, a very cost effective solution for the scope of work involved.
- The total value of the renovation is estimated at $6.7 Million